BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

DAY TWO : Kirtland, Ohio

That morning I was woken up by something being stuck in and out of my ear and sliding across my face... of course it was my grandpa. At the end of his cane he had a string tied to it for him to put his hand in. Well he thought that it was very funny to keep on letting it touch my face because I would try to swish it away. Well I was getting very mad because it was much to early for me to be awake... so I told him that if he didn't stop I was going to take it off of his cane and he was never going to see it again. Well he just laughed and said then you'll just get my dirty sock rubbed in your face tomorrow morning. And kept on letting that stupid string go across my face until I finally got out of bed... later that day I took the string off of his cane and hid it in my bag...

We had a nice continental breakfast and then went and got ready and started to pack up everything. When we were packing our bags Jonah was playing on the cart and when we tried to take him off so that we could load our bag he would cry so we ended up putting him on top of everything and pushing him around. Once we were outside my mom made me get on with him and they push us around the parking lot. After playing around on that for a while we loaded everything into the car and headed off to go see some church sights.

Our first stop was at the visitor’s center in Kirtland, Ohio. We then went to the Kirtland Temple, which is currently owned by the Community of Christ (formerly known as the Reformed LDS church). It was such a beautiful building!!

For dinner that night we went to an Amish town and ate that Mary Yoder's diner, it's an Amish restaurant in Middleton, Ohio. My mom and I were very disappointed when we found out that not only did they have electricity. But they had the bathrooms with the potty’s that flush by themselves and the sinks that turn on and off and the paper towels that come out when you wave your hand in front of them. But despite all of that the dinner was sooo yummy!!! I mostly just ate bread with peauntbutterhoney!!! Oh my sooooo good!!! :)

That night we slept in a cabin at a KOA somewhere by Niagara Falls!


1 comments:

amrust said...

No worries about Sunday all is good. It was just a stressful day with the whole Josh thing and what not, which i'm still trying to figure out too. but it's ok I love you!!!