Monday, April 12, 2010
Posted by DaNce tO ThE MuSiC at 10:41 AM
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
* Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome, no matter how it looks. The covenant with God to which you are true enables you to become enlightened by him, and nothing is impossible for you.
* When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them, in gratitude and love, toward God.
* In your life there have to be challenges. They will either bring you closer to God and therefore make you stronger, or they can destroy you. But you make the decision of which road you take.
* First and foremost, you are a spirit child of God. If you neglect to feed your spirit, you will reap unhappiness. Don't permit anything to detract you from this awareness.
* You cannot communicate with God unless you have first sacrificed your self-oriented natural man and have brought yourself into the lower levels of meekness, to become acceptable for the Light of Christ.
* Put all frustrations, hurt feelings, and grumblings into the perspective of your eternal hope. Light will flow into your soul.
* Pause to ponder the suffering Christ felt in the Garden of Gethsemane. In the awareness of the depth of gratitude for him, you appreciate every opportunity to show your love for him by diligently serving in his Church.
* God knows that you are not perfect. As you suffer about your imperfections, he will give you comfort and suggestions of where to improve.
* God knows better than you what you need. He always attempts to speak to you. Listen, and follow the uncomfortable suggestions that he makes to us--everything will fall into its place.
* Avoid any fear like your worst enemy, but magnify your fear about the consequences of sin.
* When you cannot love someone, look into that person's eyes long enough to find the hidden rudiments of the child of God in him.
* Never judge anyone. When you accept this, you will be freed. In the case of your own children or subordinates, where you have the responsibility to judge, help them to become their own judges.
* If someone hurts you so much that your feelings seem to choke you, forgive and you will be free again.
* Avoid at all cost any pessimistic, negative, or criticizing thoughts. If you cannot cut them out, they will do you harm. On the road toward salvation, let questions arise but never doubts. If something is wrong, God will give you clarity but never doubts.
* Avoid rush and haste and uncontrolled words. Divine light develops in places of peace and quiet. Be aware of that as you enter places of worship.
* Be not so much concerned about what you do, but do what you do with all your heart, might, and strength. In thoroughness is satisfaction.
* You want to be good and to do good. That is commendable. But the greatest achievement that can be reached in our lives is to be under the complete influence of the Holy Ghost. Then he will teach us what is really good and necessary to do.
* The pain of sacrifice lasts only one moment. It is the fear of the pain of sacrifice that makes you hesitate to do it.
* Be grateful for every opportunity to serve. It helps you more than those you serve.
* And finally, when you are compelled to give up something or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be learned right now. But know also that, as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better.
(In a BYU Devotional, given on May 14 1996, Elder F. Enzio Busche of the Quorum of the Seventy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gave advice to those listening on how to become a disciple of Christ. The speech was entitled "Unleashing the Dormant Spirit" and can be found at http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=7908 )
Posted by DaNce tO ThE MuSiC at 10:13 PM
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Posted by DaNce tO ThE MuSiC at 5:06 PM
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
So I am super excited for the things that my life has in store for me this year!! As many of you know I'm getting married March 12th of this year; and I am so excited that I can hardly stand it any longer!! But I still have 64 days so here are some of the thing i'll be doing until that great day! (and a few things i've already done this year).
-I moved to New Mexico!!! ah I know, I know. My mom suggested a long time ago that I come and live with them, But it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I actually decided to do it! and i'm not going to lie it has been pretty hard. I miss Jeff so much!! But trying to look on the positive side: I get to spend time with my family before I run off with my new life and start my own family. and I am using this time to better myself.
-Last Sunday my mom and I joined Weight Watchers!! ha ha I am hoping to loose 20 pounds before the wedding!! ( at least that's my new years goal!) So far it's been pretty good. I've stayed under my points for the day and I've been working out everyday. Now I just have to keep it up lol, Wish me luck!!
-About two weeks ago Jeff and I got our first apartment together! It is pretty nice for a first apartment and it has lots of extra space, which is very nice!! Jeff will be living there alone for the next two months, Poor boy.
-We also finished registering for our wedding! It was a lot of fun but whoo, i'm glad that is done!
So for now i'm just chillin with the family and planning my wedding! Plus looking for a job... I have to interviews this week, so that's good right?
Posted by DaNce tO ThE MuSiC at 4:18 PM